Monday, January 9, 2012

Sexual Assault


I recently found out that there are quite a number of people I know that has the experience of being sexual assaulted, including I, myself. Shocking enough?

No, this is not something proud to talk about in public, but I’m not ashamed too. Simple, because it’s not my fault that it happened. Not anyone’s, we did not choose to be the victim. Instead, they are the ones who chose to be the monsters.

And yes, I don’t feel mournful anymore. Of course I felt sad and pity for myself at first, as if I will never stand straight to face the world anymore. But after a few years, I had a chance to tell a friend of mine. It’s definitely not a child’s play but after telling her the incident, I felt much better. The feeling of breaking free from something that had haunted you for years? It’s like taking a deep breath of fresh air after suffocating yourself for some time. *Phew*

And don’t blame the people around you for not taking a good care of you, because I did, for some time. My mom was just a stone’s throw away from where I was, but she was busy chatting with some stranger. (The wrongdoer’s friend) So I guess that’s one of their tactics to achieve their sinful act. *Exhales deeply* Not easy too, but try, try hard my friend. What’s the point to blame the innocent one? :’)

Lastly, I want to take this opportunity to praise all those who actually shouted or ran away from the assaulter since I know it’s tough. I can’t even make a sound even when I want to, sigh.

P/s, not sure if it’s just me, I feel much better every time I tell a friend. The more I tell, the more I feel like it’s never happened before. :]

Love yourself for no one will love you as much as you do. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment